When you arrive at the airport please call us on (0034) 928 840 867 or 639 168 574 to let us know that you have arrived. As you leave the luggage collection hall, there is a tourist information office, where you can get an excellent island map, also nearby are several cash machines.
• From the airport take the motorway in the direction of "Arrecife"
• Take the first exit to "Playa Honda"
• At the first mini roundabout take the 2nd exit and keep straight parallel to the motorway
• At the next big roundabout take the third exit under the motorway
• go straight over the next roundabout and follow the signs to "San Bartolomé"
• After passing through “San Bartolomé” you come to a roundabout, on the other side of which is the tall white “Monumento del Campesino” (one of the first works of Cesar Manrique showing clearly the influence of Picasso and Cubism). Take the second exit to “Tinajo and Mozaga”
• At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit to "Tinajo”
• Pass through the village of “Tao” ,
• And then through the village of “Tiagua”
here you will find an excellent Supermarket on your right – open till 9.0 pm (on Sundays only until 2 pm)
Something more typical is the shop of “Lourdes” in the village of “Soo”, 5 minutes from Tiagua off your route. It has specialties of Lanzarote, in particular their home made goat’s cheese – open every day from 9am to 9pm.
• As you exit the village of “Tiagua” keep left towards “Mancha Blanca” and “Timanfaya”
• “La Vegueta” is the next village
• 1 km further you will arrive at the crossroads in the village of “La Vegueta”
• You will see a small football pitch on your left and a local shop with a yellow letter box on your right
• After 400 meters on your right there is a large very pink house set back from the road. After 20 meters, where the road starts to go down slightly, turn left into “Camino las Huertitas” – the sign is not very visible
• After another 400 meters just before the white wall of the first house on this road turn right where you see an “Amatista” sign with an arrow on it (If you miss that turn you will end up in a cul-de-sac)
• Follow the road up, and around to the left another 500 meters. On your left before the end of this road you will see first the number 9 and shortly afterwards the number 11 with the entrance sign for Villa Amatista… if you go around another corner you have come too far…
Villa Amatista Camino las Huertitas 11, La Vegueta - Tinajo
Tel (0034) 928 84 08 67 www.villa-amatista.com
Five minutes by car from Amatista in the village of “Tiagua” is the restaurant"El Teñique" (Canarian cuisine), which is open every day till late except Mondays, and on Sundays until 5pm.
• Hallo "Tinajo”